Thursday, September 1, 2011

John 15:11-13

The love and joy that only God can give are two beautiful things.  They are what many long to have, love and joy, but often do not know where to turn or they turn to something that cannot completely fulfill.  Temporary fulfillment is not Christ.  He is COMPLETE and PERFECT fulfillment.  His love is never ending, his joy overflowing, and he wants us to share in both!!  He calls us friends, open to sharing his life, love, and everything with anybody who will accept it.

Recently I have not been a very joyful person.  I have failed at being intentional in life though.  I have used excuses to justify not being intentional.  Somebody hurt my feelings, blamed me for something, I was too tired, or I have a lot on my mind.  I have tried to justify not loving and my joylessness.  Then I took a look around me and began to think of all of the blessings I have.  Not only did Christ die for me, He calls me to share in that love and joy.
---------------------------
"I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy.  Yes, your joy will overflow!  This is my commandment:  Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends."

~*John 15:11-13 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment