Thursday, September 22, 2011

Matthew 11:28-30

I struggle the most when I am exhausted... to exhausted to want to do life with anybody, even Christ.  Weary, worn out, life gets tiring.  But instead of not doing life with Christ, it is times such as this that I NEED to choose Him.  I need to lean hard into Christ.  It is in times like this that Satan can easily "devour" me and trap me.  It is when I am too tired that I need to lean into his strength, finding rest.  It can be frustrating to feel like rest will never come.  It can be slightly irritating to never have a down moment.  The weight and pressure seems to build and build and looks like it will collapse on top of me.  Rest will come.  Jesus offers me that rest.  That promise comes to my heart... I am reminded of it in my weary soul.  There is rest in Christ Jesus alone that can not be found in others or in the things of this world.  Only in Christ Jesus is perfect rest found.  He has overcome all and carried a weight to the cross we will never understand.  He is PERFECTLY capable of taking my "needs" and weight and turning it into rest and peace.  And the cool part is that He WANTS to take those worries, thoughts, needs, and troubles.  Only in Christ can rest be found.
-------------------------------------------------
"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”"

~*Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment