Saturday, September 24, 2011

More Like a Miracle

Recently a phrase has stuck close to me.  It is made up of words that have brought me hope, peace, and a comfort only God can give... words that have stuck close to my heart and show unconditional, eternal love from God.  The phrase is "more like a miracle."  It is a beautiful phrase to begin with.  When you add in the fact that it is a phrase your doctor has said directly to you to describe a health condition you have dealt with, those words become more than beautiful; those words are a blessing, comfort, hope, picture of undeserving love... a love that is so unconditional and irrational that it can only come from God and God alone.

Merriam-Webster defines miracle as:
     1.  An extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs.
     2.  An extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment.

Divine Intervention?  What I got from the definition of these two words put together is it in relating to or proceeding directly from God interfering with the outcome or course of this specific condition in my life.  And I ask God why.  That silly question of "why me?" lingers in my mind.  Something I will never know and need not know even if I ponder the question.  I am blessed to hear "more like a miracle" and "I am glad it happened to you".  I know God will use it in my life for His glory.  He already has.  Miracles do happen.  Miracles will happen.  We have no control over where, when, and who... but God does.

I lay here and reflect on all of the miracles around me... life, knowledge, health, how my body works, Christ, and salvation... and another something that tugged on my heart recently:  "Pray for a miracle".  As I sat with my Life Group teary eyed while a member talked about their mother's serious health issue that has arisen recently, the prayer request was "pray for a miracle".  It was hard, and is still, for me to swallow and at times to take a breath when I think about it.  I tear up thinking about it and my heart cries for this family.  It is in these times that the question of "why me?" becomes almost hurtful to my heart and Satan uses it to make me feel guilty as I watch a sister and friend struggle with the reality that has just pummeled this family.

But God reminds me and comforts me, telling me over and over again that it is all in His plan and even though we may not see it in the difficult and bleak situations and circumstances, He will use it.  He is God and my mind slowly and hesitantly realizes that any good that comes from a seemly "bad situation" is a miracle.  Miracles do happen.  So friends, please pray for the mother of my friend.  Pray for the hearts of the family to find comfort, that they would recognize God is calling to them with open arms.  Please, pray for a miracle.
--------------------------------------------------

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!  Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."

~*Hebrews 10:35-36 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment