Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Romans 15:13

Confidence. I have struggled with confidence for so long. I will be honest and say I am struggling with it today as I sit here and write this. Fingers were pointed, degrading remarks made, life seemingly made difficult because of a lack of communication... and now confidence. All of this done because of fleshly desires... because of the dark areas in man. And Satan uses it against me... a struggle I have faced so long... the battle of a lifetime. My confidence in me is a bit low... but that is because my heart is focused on me. Refocusing on Christ and confidence can soar. Peace and joy abound through the gift of grace and love. Focus on Him who loves me, the One who holds me and never lets go. Confidence once again begins to be restored through the one who loves me.
------------------------------
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

~*Romans 15:13 (NLT)*~

1 comment:

  1. right there with you....when a million other voices beckon you away....can we stay right beside Him and find our way....

    we don't need to sing old songs when there is a new song waiting to be written.....already sung.

    ReplyDelete