Friday, September 30, 2011

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Encouragement that needs encouraging:  my workout plan.  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 are going to be my motivation for my health for the next few months and probably many more to follow... a straight reminder that my body is not my own but that it belongs to God.  As somebody has told me, I am only "renting" or "babysitting" this earthly body for God.  When something precious to another is entrusted to me, I generally do my best to take care of it.  In the past that has not necessarily been the case with my body.  It hit home hard after rereading "God bought you with a high price".  I have read these verses many times but never took verses 19 and 20 to heart the way I should have.  Sure I have been working out and eating healthy, but was that truly for God or mostly for me?  So encouragement that needs a little encouraging and motivation at this point:  I am chugging my way through the "Couch to 5K" workout plan.  I can honestly say that I have NEVER been able to run more than a half of a mile.  Part of that was because I was lazy and part was because I have never taken it to heart that my body was not my own and did not treat it as though I was living for Christ.  I have survived week one of the C25K program, but it got difficult here towards the end.  As silly as it may sound, Satan has also been attacking me, telling me that I can't do it... there is no way I will make it through C25K because I have never been able to do it before... why could I do it now?  I know that I can do it IF my focus is on the One it should be... the Creator.  My body is not mine; it is a temple of the Holy Spirit and I have been chosen to take care of it.
------------------------
"Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."


~*1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment