Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Proverbs 9:10-12

How do you respond to criticism?  I used to not be able to stand it at all.  I always had a quick remark or comeback to what somebody said and I was especially quick to point the finger of blame towards somebody else over myself.  Who really, honestly, likes to shoulder blame?  Think about it.  Over time, especially the past few years, needless to say I have learned to listen.  (Believe it or not I do more than just hear now... I LISTEN!!!)  I now consider that maybe the ideas or thoughts of another may be better than my own.  This has started, mostly as a reflection of a relationship with Christ and it can be found more and more there.  Learning to listen is difficult.  It is difficult to give up what you swear is correct and actually listen to another, taking their thoughts into consideration.  Christ's ways are ways that need to be considered, not just every now and then, but every second of every day.  When something that is said is conviction, do I shoulder the blame and seek Christ in the situation or do I shrug it off and move on without another thought?
--------------------------------
"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom.
      Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment.

 Wisdom will multiply your days
      and add years to your life.
 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit.
      If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.
"

~*Proverbs 9:10-12 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment