Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ephesians 6:13-17

It is a wonderful feeling to know that I belong to the Protector of the universe.  He is watching over my life.  In the fight against Satan, God not only protects me but offers me the armor to protect my body.  The armor is from Him and all pieces of that armor are from the Word and are talked about throughout all of Scripture.  It can be found in the teachings of Jesus.  The battle may be an unseen one but God offers tangible protection for all parts of the body.

The belt of truth, body armor of God's righteousness, the shoes of peace from the Good News that prepares us, the shield of faith, helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit -- Scripture.  All areas of the body covered... except the back.  The reason?  I have heard it explained that God has my back.  He has blessed me with a spiritual family to help guard my back.  Protection for the BODY as a whole, all through the work of God.
----------------------------
"Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil.  Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.  Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness.  For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.  In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.  Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

~*Ephesians 6:13-17 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment