Thursday, September 8, 2011

Matthew 19:29-30

I have faced rejection in my life over and over again.  It may not have been rejection because I chose to follow Christ or because I was baptized outside of a specific religion, but I know the sting of rejection.  Rejection for being different... a loner of sorts... not fitting in to the "social norms" or what others saw as "cool".  I was rejected.  It will happen.

In my walk with Christ, along the way, there will always be obstacles and rejection is one of them.  I may love dearly those who are rejecting me (an example could be a missionary who has little communication with family because they do not agree with the style of living and/or beliefs), but Christ must be my number one love.  He is my Lover, Husband, Provider, sitting on the throne of my heart.  I have gained so many wonderful friends, mentors, brothers, and sisters... a spiritual family.  Leaving a life lived without Christ may have been difficult but life would be much more difficult if lived without Christ.
---------------------------------------------
"And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.  But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then."

~*Matthew 19:29-30 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment