Monday, September 12, 2011

Philippians 4:4-5

Ten years ago yesterday was a tragic day for our nation.  It changed every life in America.  It changed perspective and how we view others, especially those of a different nationality.  We changed the way we looked at different cultures and the lives around us.  It was a time that "rejoicing" may have been difficult or nearly impossible for many.

So often it is difficult to find the good in what seems bad on the outside.  It often depends on one's perspective though.  Almost three years ago I found out I was diabetic.  I was not very joyful two years ago when I started using insulin.  I was also not nearly as mature in life nor my walk with God and I did not have a very good perspective.  I was a pessimist and focused on the bad and difficult instead of the good and the benefits.  The way I see it now (even before the miracle move from four shots to one shot a day), diabetes probably saved me in a twisted sort of way.  I'm thinking saved me health wise by losing weight because I had to over gaining weight because I was lazy and never worked out.  Had I not been diagnosed diabetic I honestly do not think I would eat as healthy as I do, weigh what I do, work out as much as I do... or have the ever growing and alive faith in Christ that I do.

Some days may be rough... I have had a few of those lately.  To some their lives may look rough around the edges... mine included.  But I love my life and I do not think I would love it as much if I did not face trials that God places in front of me.  No trial, no triumph maybe?  God has blessed me with a life to live with purpose and people to live that life with and I love it!!!  I can not tell you how much I LOVE my life right now and the amazing spiritual family He has placed me in!!!!  My family away from my family :)  A coworker of mine recently told me something that has stuck with me.  I was having some shoulder/neck issues last week and he just thought I was having an all around bad day.  His statement?  "Just remember somebody somewhere else in the world is having a worse day than you."  I did not necessarily take kindly to that comment at the time but it is so true!!!  (Thanks Jake!!!)  It all depends on perspective.  I am blessed!  Find the good in all and rejoice!!!
----------------------------
"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon."

~*Philippians 4:4-5 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment