Saturday, September 10, 2011

Job 1:21

"Why is it that bad things happen to good people?"  It is a thought spoken quite often.  I don't have an answer... nobody is an expert.  God is.  In the battle of Good vs Evil, God has already won.  Evil still exists.  Satan still prowls the earth looking for an easy target, spying weak prey.  Evil exists because right vs wrong is the choice left to mankind to make.  It is not a forced decision from our Heavenly Father, thus our freedom of choice exists.  But God is not the evil one, nor does he cause evil.  He does allow it... why?  Only He knows.

The story of Job is one in which I know background but not the full story.  I have not read the full book of Job.  I know God allows Satan to test Job, knowing He will not turn away from the Heavenly Father.  It is a book my heart is now determined to read through completely and will set out to do so.  I can not even imagine being like Job.  God's power in the life of Job is so AWESOME!!!

In a recent conversation, the thought of God allowing an entire family (except the mother) to suffer from the same disease is almost unbelievable.  A test of faith?  Maybe.  Only God truly knows why and I am content with that.  I do not need to know why.  I know that my heart needs to be focused on my one true love, Christ Jesus and that my life will be taken with care.  A quote that caught my eye just this morning read something along these lines:  "The greater the struggle, the more glorious the triumph."  In a life with Christ, His great struggle/battle/death and resurrection has created our victory.
-----------------------------
"I came naked from my mother’s womb,
      and I will be naked when I leave.
   The Lord gave me what I had,
      and the Lord has taken it away.
   Praise the name of the Lord!”

~*Job 1:21 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment