Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Matthew 10:37-39

"It is kind of sad to think that if I follow the path that I think God has for me, my future nieces and nephews may not know me..." was a friend's comment.  My reply:  "It breaks my heart to think that maybe I won't get to watch my nephew grow up... same with future nephews or nieces.  But it breaks my heart more to not do what it is that God may be calling me to do..."  This all in a recent conversation.

Months ago Matthew 10:37-39 hit me hard as I sat in my room.  It caused me to sit back and check who was on the throne of my heart.  It made me stop and think.  With teary eyes it was difficult to think and realize that maybe it was not always God who was ruling my life.  My love for not only my family but for others around me often took the throne.  But I also realized at that time that this is not what God wants from me.  He wants my everything.  It is a crazy thought but a joyful feeling to know that I want what He wants for me.  He must be my everything in everything.
------------------------------------------
"If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine.  If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine.  If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up your life for me, you will find it."

~*Matthew 10:37-39 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment