Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hebrews 12:1-3

Endurance is something to be built gradually over a steady period of time.  It is not something that is instantaneous, that happens overnight or in one workout.  In a previous post I mentioned that I am working my way through the Couch to 5K running plan.  It is a gradual process of building endurance and getting into shape.  I am on week two which means running for longer periods of time.  With endurance and strength building, the first workout of this week (week two) is difficult, but not as difficult as it would have been had I not gone through week one of the training plan.  Day two of week two was already easier than day one of week two. 

Such it is in life I am learning.  My endurance, strength, and mental and spiritual health have taken a decently big hit recently.  At first my question was the usual "why God?" question.  Courtesy of proper "training" it is now the "what are you doing through this God?" and "how are you working in this God?" questions.  So often the "why" is the first question when I struggle.  It is becoming more and more what it should be and that is the "what" and "how" replacing the "why".  Through the restless but not quite sleepless nights and days of "fatigue" it has been difficult to ask and see the "what" God is working in my life.  Endurance... little by little, over a stretched and steady period of time, God is building that endurance in me.  He has provided me with the proper "training equipment" and has blessed me with so many wonderful "coaches" to push me and hold me accountable.  The strength to persevere can only be found in Christ who faced much more than I will ever face.  That is the fuel to keep going.
----------------------------------------
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.  Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up."


~*Hebrews 12:1-3 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment