Friday, August 19, 2011

Colossians 1:13-14

Growing up, little kids always want a hero or to be the hero. Sometimes I wanted both, but most of the time I wanted to be rescued. There may still be some of that in my life today when I take a look at the movies and TV shows I like (the movies Taken and Unstoppable as well as the TV shows Chuck and CSI:Miami to name a few). What about real life?

I have a rescuer, redeemer, and a hero. He has rescued me from evil, saved me, and brought me into a safe place to restore and heal me. I have my hero in Christ Jesus who sacrificed more for more than any TV or movie star could imagine doing on the big screen. As hard as they may try, they will never portray that sacrifice and heroism as it truly is. Done out of love and not obligation to be a hero, Jesus became the best of all. He became a payment for freedom for all mankind.
--------------------------
"For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who purchased our freedom and forgave our sins."

~*Colossians 1:13-14 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment