Tuesday, August 16, 2011

John 14:6-7

I had never really thought about it. I had never really questioned it. I really never had a reason to do that either... never, that is, until I chose a life for Christ over the world. Then it hit me like a piano falling from the sky or somebody busting a guitar of my head. What is the "way" to heaven? How is God within reach of a mere human being such as myself? How can we know Him, reach Him, be with Him?

The answer: Jesus... and that is not just the "Sunday school right answer" but the answer Christ himself gave. Jesus is the ONLY way, the ONLY truth, and the ONLY life. He does not jump around the issue at hand but rather he says it quite plainly. There is no mistaking what Jesus says or claims to be. To me it is not a church, a religion, or a book. The answer is Christ Jesus. It is a relationship with Love. He is a life... a way to live and a truth to live by.
------------------------------
"Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!"

~*John 14:6-7 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment