Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1 Peter 4:8

One of my favorite songs at this point in time, other than "Can't Get Over You", is "Hold Us Together" by Matt Maher. Love will hold us together. It brings peace and healing. Love gives life. In my own life love saved me, not just spiritually but it literally saved my life. Friends, sisters, brothers... a love for Jesus... looking past my failures, filth, and their own feelings and desires, they loved me. That love led me to Christ and saved my life in more ways than I could ever have imagined. Christ's love covered all of my sin. My friends' love looked past that sin to the desires of Christ. Not only does the love poured out on the cross cover my sin, but the love for the One on the cross gives life, not just to the loving but to the loved. Love holds us together.
--------------------------------------
"Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins."

~*1 Peter 4:8 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment