Monday, August 1, 2011

Hebrews 13:8-9

I like consistency. I enjoy routine. Every morning I wake up, make my coffee, fix some breakfast, check facebook, scan email, and do a morning devotional before finishing getting ready for work and packing my lunch. I enjoy sitting in my car and writing after I arrive to work early every morning. And then it happens. Then comes the rest of my day... inconsistent as it may be. A different truck to unload every day... if the truck actually shows up. Then there are all of the different projects to work on and the different attitudes from everybody. Evenings can be inconsistent as well, venturing from the work out routine after work to a meeting with a mentor, cleaning for a friend, a potluck with my Life Group, Women's Study, a doctor's appointment, dinner with my roommate, softball... all scattered throughout the week. It is really no wonder why some of us feel unbelievably worn out by the time the weekend rolls around.

This is life, inconsistent as it may be. Each day is different. Work, family, and relationships are inconsistent. Most of the time this would not cause me a great deal of stress, but I will admit that at times it can be slightly overwhelming. The beautiful thing that holds true? Christ Jesus. He is the same. He never changes himself and we cannot certainly change him or his ways. We cannot add to or remove from what he has done or what he will do. We cannot change what the cross has accomplished. It is done, victory won. When the rest of my life is chaotic, my heart and mind take comfort in the one constant in life. That one and only constant is Christ.
----------------------------
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God's grace..."

~*Hebrews 13:8-9 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment