Wednesday, August 24, 2011

James 4:17

Today I had to stop and think... and it kind of caught me off guard. Most of the time I get myself into trouble by reacting, not for the lack of action. Most of the time I catch myself in sin because of my reaction to something as opposed to not acting on a push by the Spirit. I have felt the conviction before of not having done something that I maybe should have done. I have felt the pain in choosing to do one thing even though I knew something else was a better decision... even though I knew the other decision was the right choice, I chose not to follow up on it. The conviction and pain was sin. I have never thought of it as so, but that is what it is; a lack of compliance to God's plan or what He is telling me to do. It is sin I feel when I ignore the Holy Spirit's call towards one choice or another... either I do not do it or I choose to do something else. It is sin to ignore God's call... to choose to not do whatever it is God has, is, or will call me to do.
----------------------------
"Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it."

~*James 4:17 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment