Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2 Corinthians 10:3-6

I have a racing mind. The fastest thing about me is the millions of thoughts that race through my head. The past few years God has been training me. He has been staining to slow down. I am still learning but have definitely made leaps and bounds from four years ago. My thoughts no longer control me. Satan no longer controls my thoughts. It seems Satan has always had easy access to thoughts, not just in my life but in the lives of some I know. It is as if thoughts are his most easily accessible weapon against us in spiritual warfare. At one point, thoughts kept me from falling asleep and would wake me up at night. Thoughts would tear me down as low as I could possibly go. Thoughts would break me and leaven me broken. Thoughts led me to seek out the world and led me to make some pretty horrible decisions in my life.

How did all of that change? God!!! Satan no longer controls my thoughts and God has become my foundation. Counseling and continues mentoring have helped me learn the meaning of taking thoughts captive. Safer outlets have been chosen in my life, the safest being Christ. Music, writing, photography, and reading are a few outlets I choose to see Jesus in life and have replaced beating myself up, drinking, and partying. Praying myself to sleep and talking to God as if he were in the room with me have replaced thinking, tossing, and turning. Truth has overtaken perception and God wins yet again!!
-----------------------------------
"We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. And after you have become fully obedient, we will punish everyone who remains disobedient."

~*2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment