Monday, August 8, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Some days I absolutely dread getting out of bed and going to work, even though I should be thankful to have work to go to, to be around people I don't mind being around... should be thankful and enjoy what I have. It is the truth though. Today definitely happened to be one of those days. The thoughts that cross my mind... something like, "What is the point other than to pay the bills?" At times that is the only reason I feel like I wake up and endure the daily grind of my 7:30-4:00 job without being thankful. Why a "desk" in a warehouse? Why not a desk in an actual office somewhere? At times I feel it necessary to ask God why... even though I may not get an immediate response and deep deep down I know why... patience does pay off.

However, Scripture is usually brought to heart. It has been brought to heart several times within a span of the past few days. It happened to be Jeremiah 29:11-13... in a movie, in a conversation, and the very first verse listed in a long list of verses to study. God knows and that should be enough. God is God and that IS enough. He is in control. He knows what He is doing. I can trust that and in Him. I can find hope in that. It is not just a paycheck. I wake to the glory of God every morning. That is the point. That is the purpose of being here... the glory of our Lord.
--------------------------
""For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.""

~*Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment