Monday, August 29, 2011

Romans 10:14-15

I love to reflect. I love to think. Sometimes it happens maybe a little much but that may not always be a bad thing. This weekend was one of those times. Not only was it the first weekend I have had to just sit back and reflect but it also held an abundance of thoughts and meaningful conversations. There was the long overdue two hour hangout/conversation with my best friend and then listening to a friend talk about a trip he is taking in the very near future to teach the English language in a foreign land. Tomorrow there will be a meeting with yet another friend planning to travel to a foreign country, a friend's email about an opportunity to go overseas, and the multiple conversations about my hopes for a future (hopefully soon) trip to Haiti as well as my heart for returning to Africa some day. And God has amazed me with the generation I am a part of. This generation that is seemingly ruled by those who think with a deserving mentality and who seem to live with some sense of entitlement and selfishness. In the midst of this generation, from a selfish world, God has shown me hearts set apart for Him. He has taken hearts from a selfish generation and made them into hearts that want to make a difference, not just on earth. He has created these hearts to make a difference for His Kingdom.
----------------------------------------
"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!""

~*Romans 10:14-15 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment