Thursday, June 23, 2011

Matthew 6:33-34

Allow me to share with you one of the first things I read this morning. "If sin rules in me, God's life in me will be killed; if God rules in me, sin in me will be killed." So I ask myself a few questions. What is ruling over me? Am I living like I know I am loved by the King or as if I am trying to impress Him and gain that love? I worry a lot. I do not do it on purpose, but I catch myself worrying. I worry about what others think about me. I worry about what I look like. I worry about the things people say to me... so much so that it definitely affects my attitude, confidence, and life. That is not how it should be.

What is it that I lean on for truth, God or others? Do I seek peace and comfort from the one who truly can give it (God) or from others? The real question: who can provide all things including unconditional love, peace and comfort? The one who is Love, Peace, and Comfort of course!!! Jesus Christ is love. So why worry? If we do not gain anything by worrying and it only takes years off of the life, why do it (Matthew 6:27)? (It truly only adds to life a headache and health issues.) When God is what we run after and His Kingdom and glory is what we seek after, His riches will be shared. God's riches are better than anything else we can obtain in life. It is something we do not deserve, yet has been shared so freely by the one who loves us.
------------------------
"Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."

~*Matthew 6:33-34 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment