Monday, June 13, 2011

Lamentations 3:22-25

So, I must admit this: getting ready to write this morning, I found my heart not in it at all. This weekend found me struggling. This weekend found me struggling with where I am at in life. It found me struggling with myself as I sat alone in my apartment as doubts and lies floated through my mind. I was alone... and that consumed me. The weekend found me struggling with exhaustion from trying to fight Satan's attack alone, no reliance on anybody. I struggled as I read through my previous posts, knowing the truths spoken and what I should do but struggled to do it. I was struggling with turning to God to meet my needs. My pride blinded me. My self-centeredness blanketed my eyes and my heart.

I went to bed this way and yet God blessed me with rest and I slept surprisingly well. And then this morning happened. Every devotional, email, and Bible verse spoke directly to my heart reminding me I belonged to God, I am not alone, and I mean something to somebody. They all calmed me and reminded me that I am loved by God. I am his princess. He never leaves me and lavishes me with new gifts every morning, I just have to make the choice to take the blinders off. I have to make the choice to see His goodness and all of the gifts. I have to make the choice... to choose God and not be consumed by me, lies, flesh, and doubts. So I see... I am a daughter of the King. I am not alone. I am guarded by his truth and blanketed in his protection and love.
-----------------------------------
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!

The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him."

~*Lamentations 3:22-25 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment