Thursday, June 16, 2011

1 Peter 5:6-11

Give an inch, take a mile. I have learned the hard way that this is how Satan works. Through experience I have learned that when we give him an inch, he takes more than a mile from us. So often we hear about the "live this way, do that often" but what does spiritual warfare look like? Satan is so real, yet I feel like he is underrated. Hell is underrated. It breaks my heart to hear people say, "All my friends are going to Hell so I might as well go with them!!!" So underrated, yet so real. Satan's attacks come in so many different ways, look like so many different things, and can be a "gradual giving in" or a sudden all out assault.

I have noticed lately that, for me, it seems to be an all out assault as opposed to a give a little, take a little. Satan has hit me with lies of my worth, that I am not good enough, I am alone, I can't manage money, I am overweight, yada, yada, yada. His attacks have also come in the forms of selfishness, jealousy, unkind words, relationships, envy, and anxiety. Anxiety and worry hit most of us and we do not always notice it right away. In a sense, worry can be viewed as a sin. To me it means I am not completely trusting God in some area of my life. I will tell you that a lot of my anxiety is usually due to finances.

Once I trusted God with whatever area is concerning me and by doing as I felt prompted by God to do with my money, my financial situation has improved. I am currently also struggling with health issues (crazy diabetes) and singleness, which are two major areas I have struggled with. But I know that God has my back. I know this, in my head, but now I have to work on believing it and trusting that truth in my heart. It is a constant battle against Satan to keep him from taking more than the miles he has already taken. Some times we cannot even think about giving an inch. The only one who can hold Satan back is God. All we need to do is to trust Him (easier said than done, I know). Draw near to Him and Satan will flee (James 4:7-8). Throw off that blanket of anxiety and cover up in God's love and peace. :)
------------------------------
"So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and you will place you on a firm foundation. All power to him forever! Amen."

~*1 Peter 5:6-11 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment