Thursday, June 9, 2011

Isaiah 41:10

How is it that sometimes we seem to forget that God is with us in every situation regardless of the circumstances? Why do we try to rely on our own strength and only turn to God once we are completely exhausted and depleted all other "resources" other than God? (I don't mean that God is a resource... but you get the idea). I ask myself these questions quite often, usually after I have failed to take God's hand and rely on his strength. I catch myself wondering why sometimes I do not fully trust God or rely on him in the easy and the difficult. Part of this is a maturing/growing process, part of it pride, but a lot of it is the fear of the unknown. I am sure a lot of people would agree that fear can rule a lot of situations in life. Truth is, when we do not rely on the Almighty it makes a situation more difficult and we are worse off.

Facing pride is a topic for another day. I have it obviously, but there is more fear at this point in my life than pride. Fear of losing somebody or something happening to a loved one especially my nephew. The fear of failing, being alone, damaging relationships, spiders, hospitals, doctors, needles, life, adventure, tight spaces, making somebody mad, flying, financial issues, sickness, and for sure the unknown. The thing is God is present in all of it. He is already there. The unknown is really only unknown to us. However, the unknown is known by the Omniscient. He is already present in what we call the unknown so I guess it is, therefore, not completely unknown. Whatever he gives us is to grow us, not to hurt us, and he will never leave us. So take his hand and walk with him. When you can't walk the path anymore, allow him to pick you up and carry you.
-------------------------------------------
"Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."

~*Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)*~
-------------------------------------------

Footprints in the Sand
Mary Stevenson (1936)

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one set of footprints.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord, "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"

The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you."

No comments:

Post a Comment