Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hebrews 12:1-4

As of late, I have been flat out exhausted. I have not only been so physically, but also mentally. This leads to me usually being worn out spiritually as well. Such a state of being has often caused problems for me, as I am sure it has for others as well. I find that in this state of being or health, if I am not firmly planted in the Word, I become somewhat numb to our Lord's teachings and the promptings of the Holy Spirit. I am aware of how I am living and carrying myself, but I am numb to conviction or how I am living according to the Lord. Have you ever felt that way?

Without the Word, I am just exhausted in every way and that is frustrating....... which keeps the tiring cycle going and wears me down even more. If I am in the Word at that point, it is still hard and I am still tired, but I am aware of teachings and promptings and can be respond to leading. Another thing: I am able to recognize spiritual warfare and I see how my demeanor affects those around me. It then moves from being absolutely frustrated exhausted to a good kind of tired (kind of like how I feel when I just finished a workout... I am satisfied). Good exhaustion means that I am fighting. I am engaged and recognizing the warfare taking place. It means I am battling... sided by side with the Lord, fighting against the lies and numbing power of the Evil one. Christ faced it, fought it, and conquered it. So take heart for He who has won the war is leading us throughout this battle.
------------------------
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won't become weary and give up. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin."

~*Hebrews 12:1-4 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment