Wednesday, June 8, 2011

1 Corinthians 2:10-16

Do you ever feel like you are misunderstood? I feel like, more often than not, I am misunderstood by those around me. I try to explain myself and sometimes it just makes matters worse. At other times, those who seem to be misunderstanding are worse off or just no better off by my explanation... granted this could be because of my inability to explain myself at times. A lot of times, those who misunderstand are close to me but do not quite grasp the importance of Scripture or do not understand what it means to live a life centered on Christ. There may not be an understanding of relationship versus religion. Why is that?

There is support in my life in what I do and how I live from those around me but no true understanding in what God has called me to do or in the God-led actions in my life. I had questions answered by Paul's letter to the church in Corinth. Do they have the Spirit of God? Or is it just the spirit of this world that drives them? Paul states that the Holy Spirit is the only one to know the thoughts of God. He is the one prompting us to do what seems absolutely bonkers to "outsiders". I will admit it gets frustrating when I cannot make somebody understand me spiritually. But I realize that it is not my place. We cannot always explain through words but character and action may help explain better. The only one who can give true understanding is the Spirit of God within.
---------------------------
"But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets. No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit's words to explain spiritual truths. But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. For,

"Who can know the Lord's thoughts?
Who knows enough to teach him?"

But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ."

~*1 Corinthians 2:10-16 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment