Wednesday, June 29, 2011

1 Corinthians 15:55-58

What do we strive for in a job? For some of us, it is solely to make money. For another it may be achieving success. To others success equals the amount of money we make and how many promotions we achieve. Things that we labor, that we work to acquire, that we "win", those things are a measure or our success. I know how bummed out I get when I work my butt off to achieve something and then receive no recognition for what I have done. I know how disappointed I can be when I work hard for a new position or a promotion and then I am passed over. Satan uses the lie that I'm not good enough, my work was done for nothing. That is the disappointment in material success offered by this world. We rank and give status, measured by our "success" (however you define that), promotion, amount of people we manage, or our salary.

There is hope!!! God offers us something unique only to him: a victory already won. He gives us an imperishable life with him, achieved not by us but by Christ Jesus. God offers us a gift that we do not have to work for or achieve. He gives us the gift of eternity, a gift free to us through the sacrifice of another. We are given a chance/choice to accept this gift and work freely in and with the Lord. We are all on level ground with one another, working side by side. We are given the return for our labor before we labor. We are given a chance to live life with Christ Jesus in Heaven.
-------------------------------------
""O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?"

For sin is the sting that results in death, the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."

~*1 Corinthians 15:55-58 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment