Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Psalm 62:1-2

Silence:  a lesson being learned.  Quiet.  Still. Tranquil.  Peaceful.  Lately none of these words have described my heart.  It has been restless and anxious, crying out to God, worrying that maybe He was not hearing me or that I was not "praying or asking the "right way"".  But He does hear.  God does hear the cry of hearts who love Him and long for Him.  Even though He may be silent for a time, He never leaves me alone and is always there to comfort me.  My heart was screaming for a sign, my mind was racing without brakes, worrying that He just was not hearing me.  In all honesty, I was just being impatient.  I was not quiet.  My mind was not still.  My heart was not at rest in Him.  All of this because I was not patient and I did not feel like waiting for Him.  But He was waiting for me.  Boundaries stretched but not broken.  God delivered as He always does, a sign that He does hear and is near to a restless heart.  And the raging storm was calmed by His mighty, protective hand.  He knows what I can handle, even if I often doubt it.  He knows that patience will grow as faith in Him grows.  Silence, my lesson being learned:  the stillness and peace of God.  What a comfort.  What a blessing.
------------------------------------------------------------
1 I wait quietly before God,
      for my victory comes from him.
 2 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
      my fortress where I will never be shaken.


~*Psalm 62:1-2 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment