Sunday, October 9, 2011

Craziness Known as Life

What a weekend it has been.  What a stretch the past month has been.  What a battle life has been.  In the mix of good and bad there is God.  In the mix of my life there has been the bad.  In the mix of my struggles there has been the good.  In the mix has been my God.  He has this tendency to humble us by whatever means He needs.  I am broken before Him, crushed, exhausted, and beaten.  God – the only One who can put together the shattered.  Put together the way God wants me to be put together, not how I imagined me or necessarily want to be put together.  Because God is the artist and I am the work of His hands, His work of art, He puts me together the way the Creator works a masterpiece.  Shattered… it is the place most have to be taken to in order to see the glory of God in life.  To some, that sounds silly, I know it did to me at first but now I see it.  Because I am powerless to defend my life and fight for myself, the only place God can get me to realize I need Him is a place of breaking me down.  That is how I could describe life lately.  Hectic, anxious, weary, and finally to the point of broken is life.  It is amazing how quickly God pieces life back together.  It is amazing how quickly He can turn a heart to look to Him.  I have seen the glimpses here and there.  I have caught a blessing and KNEW that was what it was, a blessing.  But I did not lean into His presence and His glory.  It is hard but nobody said it would be easy.  Hit like a ton of bricks it can be a crushing blow known as being humbled by God.  If I don’t humble me, God will.  He did it and it is astounding!!!  Jeremiah 17:5-10 because I have not trusted in God and it is so easy to run to somebody over God because they are visibly standing right in front of me.  I have trusted too much in “mere humans” and not enough in God.  2 Chronicles 14:11 because I am powerless to defend myself against anything in life and only God can battle for me.  I have relied on a power of my own over the power that created eternity and gave breath to life.  Deuteronomy 13:4 because I have served more than God and have not been on my knees in obedience to Him when He has called.  I have not clung to Him as God but developed the “plus God” disease… my job plus God, my finances plus God, my life plus God… and nothing should be in addition to God.  It should be God alone.  And the final blow… the knock out and comfort that everything happens for a reason, God-incidence not coincidence Romans 8:28 because everything works together and happens for a purpose.  Because I couldn’t see that everything works together and my peanut brain couldn’t believe it or trust in it.  My heart strayed, turned away, and sulked until I couldn’t take it… but a shoulder to cry on was God.  He answered.  He comforted.  He gave clarity and blessing and peace and hope.  And I know.  I know that I am not alone because it is spelled out all over the Bible that God is with me wherever I am.  Joshua 1:9 because I needed to remember God is with me.  A text message taken as a sign for a listening ear… impeccable timing but God’s plan nonetheless.  Wisdom and love given by God.  Life only given by God.  That is the craziness known as my life at this point.  A craziness blanketed in love by my God who never leaves me alone and gives me support and ears to cry to but not abuse or run to over Him.  A humbling experience when I need it most blanketed by His peace and comfort because He is God and only He can fight my battle for me… I can’t even fight for myself.  Only God because He is God.  That is enough for me.
----------------------------------------------
5 This is what the Lord says:
   “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans,
      who rely on human strength
      and turn their hearts away from the Lord.
 6 They are like stunted shrubs in the desert,
      with no hope for the future.
   They will live in the barren wilderness,
      in an uninhabited salty land.
 7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord
      and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
 8 They are like trees planted along a riverbank,
      with roots that reach deep into the water.
   Such trees are not bothered by the heat
      or worried by long months of drought.
   Their leaves stay green,
      and they never stop producing fruit.
 9 “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things,
      and desperately wicked.
      Who really knows how bad it is?
 10 But I, the Lord, search all hearts
      and examine secret motives.
   I give all people their due rewards,
      according to what their actions deserve.”"

~*Jeremiah 17:5-10*~

---------------------------------------

"...O Lord, no one but you can help the powerless against the mighty! Help us, O Lord our God, for we trust in you alone..."

~*2 Chronicles 14:11*~

---------------------------------------

"Serve only the Lord your God and fear him alone. Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him."

~*Deuteronomy 13:4*~

--------------------------------------

"This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

~*Joshua 1:9*~

---------------------------------------

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

~*Romans 8:28*~

No comments:

Post a Comment