Wednesday, October 5, 2011

James 1:12-15

Why is there evil in this world?  Could it be simply because we, mankind, exist?  Just a thought that has been circulating in my head.  God is not evil, nor does he lead us to do evil.  Satan tempts us and we choose to either give it up to God or give in to temptation.  I face it everyday.  Most everybody, I assume, faces temptation every day.  Some choose God.  Others choose the worldly self-satisfaction.  Have you ever wondered what life would be like here on earth if 10% more would choose God over self?  What about even just 5%?  I know evil would still exist in this place and that temptations would still present themselves as obstacles for our hearts and minds.  But how sweet would that be?  God doesn't tempt, but he does provide us a way out and through temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13).

How do you combat temptation and evil?  Recently I have struggled mightily with this question.  Prayer?    How often?  Do I still have God on my side?  FOR SURE!!!!  I have to remember the race that I am running and why I am running it.  My heart has often lost focus on the cross this past month.  I have been set on finishing for me.  I have sought approval and at times attention from others over that of God.  My heart lost focus on what matters the most and who matters the most.  I was not set on the cross.  Only the greatest and best gift, the shiniest and most prestigious award can be given by God.  Only God can crown with the crown of eternal life.
----------------------------------------------
"God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.  And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else.  Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away.  These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death."

~*James 1:12-15 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment