Thursday, October 6, 2011

James 4:7-8

It amazes me everyday to see how God works, not just in my life, but in the lives of those around me.  What amazes me more is His presence and peace in my life in the good and the bad times.  I have felt it so much lately and it is indescribable.  Through the words and prayers of friends I have felt a calming peace and know that it is God's blessing and presence.  As I run and read and learn more and more about His faithfulness, I feel Him present here.  In a battle being fought but already won by Christ, I see His glory and majesty and know that when I am near to God, Satan stands no chance.  When I am surrounded by the prayers of those who love Jesus, I am blanketed and shielded by a wall that cannot be knocked down simply because of the power of Christ.  The nearer to God I am, the further away from Satan I am.
---------------------------------------
"So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."

~*James 4:7-8 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment