Friday, October 7, 2011

Isaiah 26:1-6

Have you ever seen a shooting star?  Did you sit back and marvel at it... the creativity of God?  This has been somewhat of a rough week yet a lot of learning is being done.  I have been restless, anxious, and worn out... all from wrestling and battling and worrying.  I ask God for signs, a kind word here or there, or to show me something in His glory.  I have gotten a few but this morning was AMAZING!!!  As I stepped out of my apartment to go to work, I just happened to look up.  And there I saw it.  I saw God's sign directly in front of me, exactly where I looked.  The most wonderful shooting star streaked a short line through my sight and although it didn't last more than a half of a second, it was all I needed.  God used His creativity, majesty, and excellence and in just half a second He had all of my attention.  I found myself looking up my entire way to work, searching the skies for more of the same beauty and wonder I had just witnessed a short time before.  Then it hit me and God was definitely speaking to my heart.  The way I was searching the skies for yet another shooting star, that is how I should be seeking after Him.  The way I was looking up is where I need to look to find Him.  I will admit that this has been a bit difficult lately, but God knows what I need.  He knew a simple sign of beauty would get me to look up and search for more.  God knew how to draw my attention to Him and open the ears of my heart to hear.  He has my attention, eyes, ears, and all.
------------------------------------------------
"... Our city is strong!
      We are surrounded by the walls of God’s salvation.
 2 Open the gates to all who are righteous;
      allow the faithful to enter.
 3 You will keep in perfect peace
      all who trust in you,
      all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
 4 Trust in the Lord always,
      for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.
 5 He humbles the proud
      and brings down the arrogant city.
      He brings it down to the dust.
 6 The poor and oppressed trample it underfoot,
      and the needy walk all over it."


~*Isaiah 26:1-6 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment