Thursday, October 20, 2011

Psalm 32:7-8

Recently I have been struggling with a difficult discussion that needed to be had.  It was one of those ones that most really do not enjoy having.  The topic:  Boundaries.  I pushed of the promptings to have "the talk" as I did not want to face the results or reactions of the other person involved.  I was trying to lean on myself, my own strength instead of allowing God's protection to blanket me.  I did not want to hurt the other person by setting a boundary... but if it was not set then both of us would end up in the negative and hurt.  I struggled and shrugged off the Spirit's lead for far too long.

Then I followed... and struggled more.  I fought back the feeling of being angry with myself, feeling like a jerk, and a bad friend for saying something.  Then came God's gentle reminder:  I am His daughter... a daughter of the King.  I am His beloved... not a jerk.  God loves me and His love means more to me than any love offered from the flesh.  He will protect and strengthen me for I am His.  And even when the issues is difficult, He knows what is best for me.  God will lead me down the best path through my life... even if it seems a bit close to the edge or narrow at times.  I have to accept that guidance and simply just follow, knowing He is watching over me and planned out every step of the way.
-----------------------------------
7 For you are my hiding place;
      you protect me from trouble.
      You surround me with songs of victory.
 8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
      I will advise you and watch over you.""

~*Psalm 32:7-8 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment