Tuesday, July 12, 2011

John 13:34-35

Love. What a strong four-letter word. It is a word with a lot of meaning. How sad it is that the meaning has become so distorted in this life. How sad it is that love has taken on a form that is not truly love. It used to be a very common word thrown around in my vocabulary without much thought or feeling. I do not know that I had an accurate definition of this word, nor a knowledge of the strength of love. I did not have an accurate picture of the True Love. I know the love of amazing parents as well as family and friends. I did not understand True Love or who that Truth was.


Christ is True Love. When Jesus talks of loving one another, there is no need to question what that looks like. He answers the questions before they are asked with a simple remark. "As I have loved you, so must you love one another." Those present had yet to see and know the full extent of True Love. We now know. What does True Love look like? Just look to the cross. It is the most beautiful picture of True Love.



--------------------------------------------

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

~*John 13:34-35 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment