Thursday, July 7, 2011

2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Growing up, I remember doing things like color by number, playing the game of memory (which I seem to still do sometimes at work), making art with a light bright, and doing dot to dot drawings. I was always so proud when my project, my masterpiece was complete. So it is now, when I connect the dots of what God wants me to do and how I respond to what He asks of me. It amazes me when He uses two different passages and devotionals to speak to my heart about one particular thought, consideration, prompting... or worry.

The Spirit amazes me when prompting me to do something. Even though I can be hesitant to respond and sometimes even doubt whether it is God or if Satan is playing tricks on me with my mind, when I sit and think and pray about it, the Spirit usually discerns the situation for me and the conclusion seems to always end up following the prompting from God. The thing with worry in my life: Satan creeps into my life, my prayer time, my time alone with God, my decisions, my thoughts and actions... he creeps in through worry. He uses continued doubt and uncertainty which leads me to sometimes hesitate long enough to miss a given opportunity from God.

In the world of giving, that hesitation could lead to a missed opportunity to bless another in need. The worry and prolonged hesitation could be the difference between somebody fulfilling a missionary calling sooner rather than later, if even at all. (I am throwing out scenarios...). Giving is plain difficult for most people. In my life money has sometimes been an issue. It has been a controller. Money and not having "enough" of it, whatever enough means, has led to worry and worry gives Satan a hold over a heart. If that happens, I usually end up face down with a handful of tears. That is when God steps in. He steps in in more ways than are countable, reminding me and blessing me with His promises. He promises to supply and take care... all what HE knows we need, even if it is not exactly what we WANT. He promises to never let go. What, then, can I do? Simply respond.
---------------------------------------------
"Remember this -- a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others."

~*2 Corinthians 9:6-8 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment