Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hebrews 11:1 & 6

Recently there have been a few situations that have left me with a lot of questions for God and for myself. The main one would be a question of faith and what it is that I put my faith in. So many good conversations have stemmed from the difficult ones... you know, the ones that you never want to have or you do not want to sit and listen to. So what is it that I truly trust in? What do I put my faith in? Then follows the "possibilities" or "options" as to what I could put trust in other than God. Sometimes I wonder, am I trusting in a doctrine, tradition, or book... or is it something bigger and more important? Is it the words that flow from our Savior King, Christ Jesus? These would be some of the questions floating around in my head. So many things were brought up, but I seem to have hardly scratched the surface. Things that once were given very little thought by yours truly have now obtained a new understanding.

So what is it I believe in? The answer: Jesus!! The words of my Savior are the words that soak into my heart... the words that I trust in and want to live for. It is not about "the book" but instead the message it contains: Christ loves me and lived to save me through death from death. He died for me. Christ gave his life in words and followed with action, that I might live and believe in something much bigger than myself... bigger than anything mankind could ever think up. Nothing needs to be changed or added to the words of our Savior. It is not a tradition, a doctrine, or a book. It is the Way, the Truth, and the Life... the only way to God our father (John 14:6). That way is Christ Jesus and the place to begin is the Word. He is the Word, always has been, always will be (John 1:1-5). Nothing can change that.
----------------------------------
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see... And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him."

~*Hebrews 11:1 & 6 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment