Tuesday, July 19, 2011

1 Peter 2:11-12

How much do our actions and lifestyles say about us? Do they give a resounding "Amen" saying that there is One more important than self? It is becoming more and more apparent and understood by my heart that actions really do speak louder than words and that that is not just some old saying thrown around for the fun of it to get us to behave. People will question why I act the way I do. It is a door being blown open for the glory of God. A few short years ago, there was no need to question my actions. You would not have noticed anything different about my life from the world surrounding me. I definitely fit into the "flesh" perfectly and my actions were proof. They did not speak God's truth to anybody around me. I could talk it up as though I followed the Way, but I proceeded to NOT walk it out. In my opinion, words alone do not do justice to the greatness of the Lord. Actions do speak louder than words. After all, if you talk the talk you better back it up and walk the walk. Just walk hand in hand with Christ.
--------------------
"Dear friend, I warn you as "temporary residents and foreigners" to keep away from worldly desires that wage war against your very souls. Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God when he judges the world."

~*1 Peter 2:11-12 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment