Thursday, July 21, 2011

Acts 24:16

So I sometimes wonder if people feel convicted as often as I do if I happen to not tell the truth or in some way deceive somebody. I often wonder if people known as "chronic liars" ever feel a twinge of guilt or if they are completely numb to that type of conviction. I read a devotional this morning that talked about two plants that were the same except one was growing and beautiful but the other plant was dying. They were cared for the same, sat side by side, yet one would not grow. The reason? The growing plant had holes in the bottom of the pot, but the dying one did not. The dying could not drain the excess water from the pot and as a result was not growing.

How do people hide the deception? How do they manage to keep quiet and live a bit of their life in secret? I sometimes catch myself holding every thought in, not talking to others about the convictions I have. What is silly is at times I catch myself thinking I can hide those thoughts, those "secrets" from God, even though it is through his Spirit I am convicted. Silly, right? The thing is, He knows even without us telling Him. It is different hearing something come from my mouth than it is just a thought in my head. God knows our thoughts... and the words before they are on our tongue. So "leak" out that conviction to Him. Let Him take the excess and rid you of it. There is something freeing about putting conviction into words with God, even if He already knows. I just know that there is freedom in God and Him alone!!
----------------------
"Because of this, I always try to maintain a clear conscience before God and all people."

~*Acts 24:16 (NLT)*~

No comments:

Post a Comment