Monday, February 27, 2012

Against Me & For Me - AM - FM thoughts

I read this this morning and I really wanted to share it.  Some of you who know me, know the struggles I have when it comes to feeling "good enough" or "measuring up".  I've been reading through the book "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope and it has been SUCH a blessing... I'd encourage anybody to read through it!!!  This cut to the core and made my heart smile this morning as I read it :)  I pray it does the same for you!!
-------------------------------------------------
THINK --> FEEL --> LIVE

-When doubt comes against me, saying I'm not good enough, I will rely on the truth that God is for me!  He says I'm fearfully and wonderfully made; all of His works are wonderful and I am one of them (Psalm 139:14).

-When doubt comes against me, saying I'm weak and all alone, I will live in the truth that God is for me!  I can be strong and courageous because the Lord my God is with me.  He will never leave me nor forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:6).

-When doubt comes against me, saying I shouldn't get my hopes up because I'll only be disappointed, I will depend on the truth that God is for me!  He has plans for my life that are filled with purpose and hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

-When doubt comes against me, saying I'm not good enough for a certain role or position, I will remember that God is for me!  He says I am His masterpiece, created to be new in Christ so that I could do good things He planned long ago (Ephesians 2:10).

-When doubt comes against me, saying nobody really loves me, I will hold on to to the truth that God is for me!  He loves me so much that He gave His only Son to live and die for me, and He chose me to be adopted into His family (John 3:16; Ephesians 1:4-5).

-When doubt comes against me, saying I can't do something because it's too hard, I will cling to the truth that God is for me!  He says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).

~"A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope~

No comments:

Post a Comment