Thursday, November 3, 2011

Life, Scripture, & 30 Days

As you may have noticed recently there have been some decently large gaps in my posts.  That is due to a crazy schedule and me allowing life to be overwhelming... which was not done intentionally but I did let it happen.  I will say that even though everything seems to be falling back into place, do not be surprised if I only write every so often (then again that may be a relief to some of you... haha!!).  I am trying to get back into the swing of things and when I feel compelled to write, I will.  I would like to ask you to pray for the next few months of my life if you would.  There will be moving involved (possibly more than one move), the holidays, fundraising, my trip to Haiti, and being in a friend's wedding.  Pray that I keep my heart focused on Jesus and that, even though it seems like a lot to handle, in the scheme of things this is all very small.  Pray that instead of allowing it to overwhelm me I enjoy the ride.

Other than all of the above, here is some insight in to what I will be doing!!!!  Somebody recently challenged me to pick a key word and search the verses where that word can be found.  I changed the rules a bit and chose a couple of books of the Bible I want to focus on and chose two words to search out in those books.  Scripture focus:  Psalms and Proverbs.  Why?  The poetry is INCREDIBLE and it is like music to my heart which makes it easier for me to "understand".  The words:  Fortress and Peace.  Fortress:  My heart needs the assurance that I am protected and safe in the arms of the One who loves me.  I need the comfort of knowing and seeing God is my Protector and my Provider... and I have definitely been seeing this lately.  Peace:  I am a worrier.  I allow thoughts and life to overwhelm me and the only thing to calm me down is the peace of God.  Something I took as a sign:  the person challenging suggested I look at what the Scriptures say about peace.  That sign was followed by a message at church titled "How do I stop worrying?"

One other thing I will be working on is "30 Days of Thanks".  Now, obviously it isn't just 30 days that we should give thanks but we should be thankful in all we have and in every situation.  Focusing on being thankful and being intentional about it for the 30 days of November, however, jump starts something that lasts a lifetime... and I saw other people doing this and thought it was an awesome idea!!!  I look back at each day and find the "thankfuls". 

The list as of now:
November 1:  Laughter and smiling... it happened a lot!!!

November 2:  Ability to function early in the morning; wise counsel in multiple "areas" of my life; sweet fellowship with those who love the Lord.

November 3:  Answers to prayer; finding value in others; a roof over my head and a place to sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment