Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Dance

Dance...... that word.  Something about it feels like freedom.  The freedom to let loose and be who you are.  Freedom to express yourself.  Freedom to be who God made you to be.  Life can be that way.  Walking in the freedom that the Lord gives can be that way.  No worries about the opinions of others.  Just worship.  Music to my soul... worship to me... music and voices and heck no I don't hold still when I am worshiping the Lord!!  Now, I don't bust a move or anything but you better believe my hands are up and I'm swaying back and forth as if in time with my Heavenly Father.  But there is freedom in that kind of worship..... to know that you stand before the throne of God, worshiping Him with your whole heart and not a care in the world!!  Earlier this evening I kept playing the song "I Hope You Dance" over and over again in my head.  So what did I do?  I picked up my guitar, strummed out the song and started singing along!  Not exactly a worship song but as I think about it the words still hold true to freedom.

Never lose your awe and wonder for the journey the Lord is taking you on, that He has adventure planned and there is joy in walking in the Spirit.
No matter how much of the Lord's love we digest, we should continue to want Him more and more, to keep learning about Him, diving into His Word, and loving Him.
Life isn't a guarantee but He created us on purpose for purpose.
His love will NEVER leave us empty handed
Compared to the beauty and majesty of the ocean, we are small and life is a vapor... but He hears and LISTENS TO our every word and cry and prayer.  His thoughts about us out number the sands on the seashore.
Whenever one door closes, the Lord has something better that awaits each and every person, whether we see it in that moment or not.
Give the Lord a chance to do something radical in your heart, change you, and continue to mold you into His image.
Instead of sitting on the sideline fearful of what is going to happen next, you choose to be free in who He has called you to be and dance with Him.
We don't have to fear the trials to come, no mountain in life is too big for our God.
That, while there is an "easy way", His way is narrow but is the path to eternal life and when we are walking with Him we can experience peace and freedom.
Take a chance for Him.  Live life risky, doing whatever it is you are called to do in this life, with the Creator of the Universe!!
His love... is risky.  He died on a cross... that is His love for EVERYONE.  And it wasn't a mistake by any means at all!
Don't let what somebody did to you become bigger than what Jesus did for you.  Don't let the negativity or somebody else's bad day ruin you and who you are.  You can't control them but you can control how you react and what you hold on to.
Don't compromise who He created you to be.  Keep on keepin on.
Acknowledge Him in every way, in every thing, every single day.
And dance!!!

It took me back to something I had read many years ago by somebody I don't know but the word guidance includes the word dance and this is what it is about.... dancing with the Lord!!

When I meditated on the word GUIDANCE, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word.  I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.  When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.  The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.  When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.  It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and
attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word GUIDANCE.

When I saw "G," I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i." "God, "u" and "i" dance.  God, you, and I dance. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies be upon you on this day and everyday. May you abide in God as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life. This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached. If God has done anything for you in your life, please share this message with someone else, for prayer is one of the best gifts we can receive. There is no cost but a lot of rewards; so let's continue to pray for one another.


AND I HOPE YOU DANCE !


Trust Him in this dance of life!!  Dance....... don't sideline yourself.  He has purpose and it is good and joy filled and a journey!!


1 comment: